Here is what I've done so far:
Sundays is meal planning and market day. Here's the meals we had last week. I would make everything again! (sorry I tossed the menu):
- Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps (MUFA=Safflower Oil) - was a perfect lunch paired with fresh fruit
- Spinach Salad with Pears, pecans, and goat cheese (MUFA=Pecans)
- Roasted Potatoes with Feta cheese-walnut butter (MUFA=walnuts) - served with flank steak
- Roasted chicken, potatoes, & veggies (MUFA=olive oil) - the most common meal we eat weekly
- Roasted tomatoes with garlic - served on an english muffin for a snack (MUFA=olive oil)
- Chicken avocado taco (MUFA=avocado) - a standard also found in the book - score!
- Bean avocado tacos (MUFA=avocado) - always a standard - was my staple when I was veg.
- Olives and cheese for a snack - (MUFA=olives)I realized I am very picky about which olives i like, one kind almost made me ralph! braved through it though. (notice there are no olives on this week's menu... I think they would be best in a recipe rather than standing alone)
- Not being too planned on breakfast and the snacks:
- Breakfasts: Cereal with fruit & nuts or egg with muffin (MUFA=nuts or olive oil) - pretty standard stuff
- Snacks: Fruit, cheese, nuts (MUFA=nuts) or whatever perks interest for the day from the book
- Lunch: Avocado and ham sandwich (MUFA=Avocado) - pretty standard on our normal menu
- Dinner: Leftover pasta from Sunday (home cooked fresh tomato, garlic, & basil sauce) (MUFA=olive oil) - recipe courtesy miss Sarah T.
- Lunch: Salad with chicken and etc. (MUFA=nuts)
- Dinner: Ahi steak with Bok Choy & garlic (MUFA=olive oil) - yum yum yummy! Simon made this one and it was delicious! Who know bok choy would be so great!
- Lunch: Cashew Chicken w/ brown rice (MUFA=Cashews)- just finished making this and it looks GOOD!
- Dinner: Roasted Chicken with mushroom rice pilaf (MUFA=Pecans)
- Lunch: Leftovers from Wed dinner
- Dinner: tbd - I'm going to a Saki tasting! =)
- Lunch: Chickpea Curry with Cashews (MUFA=cashews)
- Dinner: tbd for me, Simon eats out with co-workers every Friday
A lot of the techniques are pretty on par for the way we cooked before - if anything, it's giving both of us a chance to experiment in the kitchen! Have stocked up on some new staples - need to get some Hoisin sauce for the asian dishes, though. Substituting with terriyaki can only go so far. I don't even know what hoisin sauce is, really.
I have been going to yoga 3x a week and really working hard while I'm there. I have seen immense improvements in my strength, control, and flow as well as good oceanic breathing. My posture is better and I can see the difference in my arms and legs. Also, I've been trying to throw in a cardio/weights day 1x a week when I can.
To be honest, not seeing much shrinkage in the belly area... maybe if I quit drinking during the week or cheating so much on the weekend... Regardless - my progress is slow but it is ever present!