Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cleanse Day Four - felt like another day

Instead of avoiding pain, instead of wishing life wasn't hard sometimes, instead of cursing the setbacks - welcome all of it.

The struggle is what produces growth. Resistance is what produces flight. Pain is a wonderful teacher that, if used properly, shows us the way to bliss.  - Mastin Kipp, founder of The Daily Love

Today's words of wisdom that hit home are from Mastin himself.  Yesterday just felt like a regular day.  I had no woes about saying "no thank you" to that bagel in the breakroom or to the cookies on the cabinet in front of my desk.  I was full before I finished my lunch, throwing out the last bit; a first in this journey.  It wasn't a struggle at all.  

All day I wavered back and forth if I would give Bikram a go again so soon, but decided that I would take the evening off.  And I think I needed it - my body was so lazy while my mind was buzzing.  

Hopefully this evening I have some more energy and the courage to go - I bought myself some yoga shorts and new fitness clothes are always a little motivator!  ;)

I took my measurements this morning, and I have lost an inch in my waist and an inch in my hips - more evidence of no more bloating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment