Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Feeling amazing!

Monday was the best day I have had all year!  I woke up feeling energetic, light, and extremely happy.  The latter I will give credit to the fact that it was a paid holiday for me at work, but the others are definitely a result of all the hard work I put in last week.  Success!

Friday was my last day on the Kitchari cleanse, a vegan meal plan I put together from research I did on Aruyveda websites.  I was ready for it to be over. Not because I was dying of hunger, but I was bored with the meals and my body was weak.  The only protein I was getting was from the lentils at lunch, so even my daily mile walk and 2 days of 7 doing yoga knocked a lot out of me.  I slept a lot and wasn't productive at home.  But I needed that.

Saturday I added in different foods, and had my first meal with meat: pulled pork shoulder tacos for dinner at our friend's house.  It was so delicious!  Unfortunately, my tummy wasn't quite ready for something that heavy and I didn't last much longer after dinner before I wanted to go home and go to bed.

Sunday I met some friends for the Bears game at a bar and did something I haven't done in years - hung out at a bar, with everyone eating cheeseburgers and drinking cool, crisp beers and resisted.  Veggie burger, top discarded, with a side salad and lots of water for me!  Then for dinner I made a recipe I got from a co-worker - pan cooked chicken with caramelized onions & cranberries and asparagus.  Yum yum!  Tummy responded much better to the chicken.

Monday was it - my favorite day of the year so far.  Started with a very healthy bm, with no help from the laxative tea I was drinking last week - proof that my insides have benefited immensely!  Made a delicious egg white omelette with spinach, mushrooms, red peppers, and onions for breakfast and had my first cup of coffee.  Simon and I went for a nice easy hike - was a perfect way to start the day!  I was so productive and did so many fun things: three home cooked healthy meals, at home; morning hike; lots of quality time with my boyfriend; great progress on an oil painting; finished the final season of Lost; and rocked at my second Bikram yoga class!

Last night I went to Bikram again and enjoyed it so much again!  It is hot but you smile through it, knowing the amazing benefits you are getting from enduring one of the toughest workouts around.  I am looking forward to going back!

I have so far been very successful this week with my goals for phase two of my cleanse.  Still have not had a sip of alcohol - it has been 10 days.  Only have eaten meat once per day starting Saturday.  And for my fitness goals I have walked at least a mile every day and done yoga whether at my gym, Bikram, or at home.

Feeling amazing... Mind. Body. Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment