Monday, March 15, 2010

Couch to 5k - W2D1

Tonight was a great success!  I was hardly short of breath at all throughout the whole time which I imagine is a result of slowing my pace as advised by various articles I glanced over today.  One suggested inhaling for 3 steps and exhaling for 2.  When I tried this I noticed that I was running quickly or taking slow breaths.  So I slowed my roll and found that I could move along with greater ease.

However, my legs were not happy tonight.  Have some mild shin splints but I know that is because I barely stretched beforehand.  I figured since I just walked around Target for 45 minutes I was already warmed up! haha

Overall I really enjoyed it tonight!  Got a late start which gave me the opportunity to watch the sunset and catch some cooler weather - 85 today!

In other news... I had a great find at My Sister's Attic - a chair for the downstairs desk!  finally! Only $25, add a cushion and voila! Very happy with this little treasure.  It's quite comfy!  A little lower than I originally wanted but it ended up being a perfect height for working on a laptop.  Love how everything always works itself out. =)









No comments:

Post a Comment