Monday, March 22, 2010

Couchto5k - W2D3

I am kicking ass and taking names! I'm having fun, and getting my breath back and doing oh so well!

Last post I didn't have time to tell you that instead of switching to walking on my last interval, I challenged myself to run the rest of the way home.  Whoop whoop I did it!  The longest I have run non-stop since gym class, about 4 minutes!

The trick, I've realized, is to keep it slow.  Originally I was sprinting, thinking I had to be "running" at almost full force.  Not so good for endurance...  But I have been consistent with my pace and have noticed I too am springy and graceful!  I am not out of breath and fatigued, and my body feels wonderful!

The minor aches and pains are totally manageable.  I just focus on my breath and music and push through with a smile.

So I have successfully completed two weeks of the program and am excited to start week three tomorrow!  The intervals are getting more intricate - jog 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, jog 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, repeat.  Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment